About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
In this role, you must have experience working withinset graphics standards and must have the ability to provide art direction whilestill pushing the creative envelope.
What you'll do
- Lead the execution and layout of all in store and online marketing from concept ideation to post production; finalize seasonal style guides and provide clear in season art direction
- Work closely with web and graphic team to support the overall branding and marketing objectives across all mediums
- Attend strategy meetings with creative team to determine scope of projects and ensure strategic and tactical creative objectives are met
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners (Visual, Merchandising, Web/Email, Store Operations, etc.)
- Manage all external marketing needs (national advertising, direct mail, etc) in terms of consistency and brand appropriateness and share with appropriate teams
- Enforce global process for asset sharing and creation
- Attend departmental status meetings. Keep CD updated on project status and key initiatives
Who you are
BA Graphic Design preferred
Strong creative background with minimum of 5 years of retail, photographic direction, and art direction
Professional graphic design experience in both print and digital mediums; retail experience preferred
Must have strong presentation skills, including the ability to present to the leadership team
Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to manage and motivate team members to complete projects under tight deadlines
Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility to wear many hats as needed to support the needs of the business
Expert knowledge of Adobe CS6 (with skill excellence in InDesign and Photoshop), Microsoft Office and Mac OS
Copywriting skills are a huge plus
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs