Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager of Fabric leverages consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. They will support a ‘Fabric First’ mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. This role also provides direction and thought partnership to their team in NY as well as their Mill Management and Fabric Engineering peers in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
• Analyze fabric needs across the brand. Communicate recommendations to Design and cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across divisions. Partner with Product development and merchandising to insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture. Identify and communicate with the Mill management team on fabrics that need to be cost engineered.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
• Support fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
• Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
• Maintain a fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand production fabrics.
• Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments.
• Track fabric testing report and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas.
• Support fabric pricing guidelines for assortment architecture and roadmaps.
Who you are
• Fabric Expertise- Previous experience of Body/Fit/Performance/Knits; and experience of management of fabric constructions, dye techniques, finishes, garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes.
• Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Team Leadership- has successfully worked with and navigated a matrixed leadership model
• Collaboration- proven ability to influence and to make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated strong presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
• Detail Oriented- proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through.
• Change Management- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
• Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.