Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position will be responsible for the creation ofprint-ready final artwork and mechanicals for marketing materials. Keyrequirements for this role include expert knowledge of current design software,a strong working knowledge of various printing platforms and prepresstechniques, the ability to solve problems and communicate effectively withbusiness partners, as well as a strong sense of design to support conceptualdevelopment.
• Create ready to produce final artwork and mechanicals forcreative elements.
• Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule
• Actively participate in creative / production handoffmeetings
• Maintain responsibility for projects from creativehand-off through final delivery
• Adhere to mechanical quality standards and proofing /sign-off procedures to ensure error-free deliverables
• Participate in the review of internal and external proofs
• Maintain the integrity of the creative concept throughoutthe production process
• Create mechanical mock-ups for proofing purposes
• Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure properarchiving of digital assets
• Deliver final artwork to business partners and / orsuppliers (via cd, ftp, extranet, email, etc.)
• Continually manage, and work to improve, the quality ofdepartment deliverables
• Gather and record information from business partners andsuppliers that facilitates efficient studio workflow through Digital Production(ie. legal, print specifications, etc.)
Who you are
• Uncompromisingattention to detail and maintenance of the highest degree of quality
• Strong workingknowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
• Workingknowledge of printing platforms (Lithography, Flexography, Screen Print, etc.)
• Constant driveto gain additional knowledge to improve skill set
• Minimum 3-5year’s experience and college degree
• Experience withcreating layouts with multiple languages
• Pre Press /Printing experience is desirable
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.