About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager of Retail Capabilities plays a critical role indriving the development of operating capabilities in support of Gap Inc. growthacross all brands. He/She will workclosely with the Director, Central Retail Operations to lead the evolution ofour processes, tools and reporting in close partnership with otherfunctions. This manager will partnerwith supply chain functions, Product Management, Technology and brandleadership to enable Gap Inc. brands to deliver against their commercial plans.
This role is a hybrid of strategy and businessoperations, with a focus on process design, quantitative analysis, changemanagement, cross-functional leadership and collaboration, facilitation andproject management. A strongunderstanding of Inventory Management and logistics/operations iscritical. This manager should have strongleadership and communications/influencing skills with a passion for workingcross-functionally and cross-brand to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interestingand challenging business questions.
What you'll do
- Responsible for delivering against strategic priority effortsrelated to enterprise retail capabilities, capacity and network management,cost/service optimization, and improved delivery against Brand commercial plans
- Provide project management support to Brand Operations for enterpriseretail capability efforts
- Partner with S&OP teams to ensure best in class process, toolsand analyses are implemented and leveraged consistently across Brands
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement indata visibility and speed
- Drive continuous improvement in operational excellence and cross brand/cross logistics communication, partnering with Brand S&OP, Transportation, DC Operations, Network Analytics, PO Systems and Finance teams
- Support retail inventory movement plans across Gap Inc. to mitigaterisk to commercial plans
- Effectively partner and collaborate with Brand and Supply Chainleaders to deliver results
- Represent Brand Operations as subject matter expert and champion withinthe Global Supply Chain.
- Support on Old Navy Separation workstreams
- Effectively communicate and influence cross-functional teammembers to support business needs, including DC Operations, Transportation,Advanced Analytics, Product Management, Technology and Inventory Management
- Manage communications to global supply chain leaders for networkperformance and impact of strategic efforts to the business
- Proactively foster Brand Ops relationships to effectively collaborateon analysis and process recommendations
- Develop materials to support performance improvement
- Develop business processdocumentation
Who you are
- 5-7 years oftotal experience, including 3+ years in management consulting/strategy, supplychain and/or retail operations (specifically inventory management)
- Demonstratedability to manage operational details/execution, while also understanding bigpicture
- Experience withquantitative analysis, creative problem solving, and complex cross-functionalproject management
- Strong projectmanagement
- Experience withchange management and leading transition and implementation work
- Ability to workin ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability tobuild effective business relationships and influence cross-functional teams
- Proficient at leadercommunication and engagement
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPointskills
- Comfort with retailtechnology systems (Essbase, IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs