About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Strategic Sourcing – Category Manager II – Social, SEO/SEM, Affiliates, you will dynamically lead the effective execution of category planning and implementation. You will work directly with internal business partners and agencies on contracts, SOWs and develop KPIs. Develop and maintain a database of agency/supplier capabilities, interviews agencies to assess their suitability and make recommendations to Sr. leaders for engagement. You will develop and maintain agency relationships and lead Supplier Relationship Management reviews. You will identify opportunities to drive value across your category. You may lead projects at any point during their lifecycle from developing strategy, crafting a plan to implement, and executing.
What you'll do
- Leads planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy
- Leads the development of business cases and cost/benefit analysis to be presented to stakeholders
- Proactively identifies and recommends category sourcing options and partners with leaders to implement them
- Leads the continuous improvement process for programs within purview and offers ideas and assistance on programs across the department
- Manages competitive RFXs, as necessary, and manages negotiation strategy development, overseeing or conducting the competitive negotiation process as needed
- Coaches, trains and develops junior staff on both technical and soft skills
- Builds relationships and effectively partners across varied functions with internal stakeholders (legal & finance), external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to influence change
- Drives completion of simultaneous projects by proactively considering new alternatives and driving critical thinking to optimize results
- Supports the creation and implementation of programs to assess and promote supplier performance and development (e.g., establishing quarterly and annual goals, conducting quarterly business reviews, formal scorecard measures)
- Collaborates with senior functional leaders to establish both short and long-term business objectives
- Leads, coordinates, and facilitates global, cross-functional teams to achieve category strategy objectives
- Manages rigorous analysis in order to scope and prioritize new sourcing opportunities within project areas
- Supports the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
- Attends related industry conferences & trainings to maintain competitive skills set
- Achieves KPIs (savings, cost avoidance, performance, risk management, industry intelligence, supplier/agency mapping, etc.) and routinely reports progress to the team leader
Who you are
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing, Management Consulting, or Marketing Agency
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Strategic Sourcing knowledge and the ability to regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Deep digital media knowledge across Media (Social Media, SEO/SEM, Affiliate experience a plus!), Digital Services, and Marketing Technology
- Experience planning and leading negotiations a plus
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Excel and data analysis skills
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience and exposure to sourcing strategies
- Ability to travel as required to facilitate collaborative opportunities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs