About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Project Manager of Labor and Workload supports the Brand team to create effective communication, tools and resources that drive increased field execution and improved product sell through in stores across North America. This role will interact with cross functional and cross channel business partners.
The role is responsible for managing all operational aspects of labor management, weekly labor allocation, workload management and accurately planning for each store’s unique attributes. This role partners with the Manager of Labor and Workload and the Sr. Director of Store Operations to influence key business partners across all functions and channels and represents the voice of the Brand in all interactions.
Builds strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels with Store Operations, Store Leadership Teams, Upper Field Leaders, Market Planning, Transportation & Logistics, Store Planning, Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Field Visual, Field Finance and Testing amongst others.Represents Stores and Store Operations with other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores.
What you'll doKEY EXPERIENCES
- Continuous Learning - articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- Innovation - demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and then implement new ideas and solutions with the team
- Customer Impact – identifies opportunities within the store environment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience
- Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals
- Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Self-Accountability – sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
- Problem Solving – articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions
- Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
- Ambiguity – adapts and continues to perform through change and ambiguity
- Retail Stores experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree
3-5 years business experience, including 2-3 years corporate meeting and event planning experience
Strong PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel experience. MS Outlook a plus
Strong presentation development skills
Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Must be able to travel
Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
Resourceful, creative self-starter
Retail experience a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs