About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Manages two or more processing or support areas, manages overall performance of shift, and interfacing with brand and store business partners. Prepares reports and operating budgets and ensures that areas are meeting or exceeding production objectives. Exercises independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership & direction to the team. This position manages the Analyst and Supervisor positions and reports to the Facility Director. Overall, this position is responsible for 100 to 125 employees. This position requires coaching, leadership and people development skills. Prepares annual budget. Responsible for developing business plans, creating tracking strategies and using independent judgment to ensure department stays within financial budget.
What you'll do
- Manage & motivates assigned direct reports & facility personnel to accomplish daily and yearly objectives. Contributes to policy/program development through administration and execution of policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities
- Sets direction for the facility while anticipating operations issues and develops preventative measures by analyzing quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positively impact productivity
- Works with business partners throughout network (to include other Operations Managers, Facility Directors, Campus Leaders, Brand Directors, and store business partners) to integrate and align efforts across the DCs and functions
- Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create and achieve short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for the Distribution Center guided by broad policies, objectives and standards
- Owns & develops plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting productivity goals, while building, motivating and leading cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal/external levels & uses these techniques to decide the appropriate approach to use during meetings, one-on-one discussions, and in small group presentations. Engages staff by having floor time presence, a critical job duty for Operations Managers
- Ensures direct reports have appropriate tools, provides support and information, coaches & trains, gives timely recognition and feedback, creates developmental plans, owns team production, and makes key decisions that impact team direction
Who you are
- Bachelors’ degree required, MBA preferred
- Preferred 7-10 years line supervision
- Knowledge and experience using various computer systems, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint, distribution operating systems, to include KRONOS, DLx, and WMS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage for results
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes & independently determine/implement solution
- Strong time management skills, possess ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Fully functional professional knowledge in all relevant areas: organizational culture, standards and business goals; people and project management skills; competitor/industry practices within subject area
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs