About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Responsible for applying his/her Loss Prevention expertise and devise a Loss Prevention strategy within assigned stores (up to 20 stores). Takes a proactive approach to resolving losses within assigned stores through training and awareness. Responsible for all investigations, operations, training, and LP budget in assigned stores. Create and deliver Loss Prevention training to head of stores, merchandise managers and district management. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and supervising up to 5-10 members of Loss Prevention personnel which includes LPM’s, LPS’s, LPA’s and LPSR’s. Manage vendors, physical security, and contract guards. Work closely with LP leadership, DM’s and all levels of store management to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company standards. Assist with Gap Inc. cross divisional initiatives, projects and committees.
What you'll do
- Develop schedules, and assignments for LPS’s/LPA’s and/LPSR’s.
- Assist with the implementation and continued execution of the target store/ shortage reduction program.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Certified and authorized to conduct Internal investigations specific to Outlet division. Utilize all available resources to identify and resolve Internal investigations in assigned Outlet locations.
- Ensure all investigations, interviews and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure all external apprehensions and case reporting is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Conduct ORC investigations and utilize all available resources to identify and resolve ORC activity in assigned locations.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify employee theft through the utilizing POS exception reporting tools and all other available LP resources.
- Meet annual shortage goals for assigned stores and district(s).
- Review incident reports to ensure compliance to loss prevention standards.
- Deliver Loss Prevention training to DM’s, store management teams and other key field positions.
- Attend district/store meetings and calls delivering LP updates and training.
- Responsible for coordinating the recruiting, hiring and training of Loss Prevention personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of the Loss Prevention training program for Loss Prevention personnel as per company guidelines.
- Identify through succession planning top talent for next level career opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and administering Individual Development Objectives, quarterly check-ins, mid-year and annual reviews for Loss Prevention personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in storewide management meetings focused on Loss Prevention training and awareness.
- Participate in loss prevention training for the on boarding process of new hires.
- Manage monthly LP staffing budgets in assigned stores/district(s).
- Follow-up through store visits to ensure compliance of company policy and procedures.
- Assist stores/district(s) in the creation of action plans to achieve shortage reduction and operational compliance.
- Assist store management with communication and education of all operational and safety standards. (Code Adam, emergency procedures, alarm testing, etc.)
- Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as work place violence, protest and demonstrations.
Who you are
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs