About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
At Janie and Jack, we know our Assistant Managers are a big part of our success. We look for talented leaders who can meet the unique needs of our retail locations, while feeling empowered to make the Janie and Jack shopping experience as sweet as it can be for our customers. Our Assistant Managers are a vital part of the Janie and Jack family. and help bring our brand to life for our customers.
What you'll do
- Is a role model for the team in delivering results through a customer centric mindset
- Motivates and inspires the team to exceed goals
- Implements visual and merchandising store standards to drive sales
- Embraces the complexity of the business and knows how to get things done
- Generates ideas to evolve and grow the business
- Celebrates team successes and encourages others to exceed
- Ensures all compliance standards are met
Who you are
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- 1-2 years retail leadership experience; experience working with children (preferred)
- Determined to lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring.
- Driven by metrics to deliver results to meet business goals.
- Great communicator with ability to engage with customers and team to meet goals
- Availability to work when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office; lift/carry up to 30 lbs
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs