About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Associate Designer Girl's Knits is part of the broader Old Navy kidswear design team.
What you'll do
- Participates in research and conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for design of product - includes preparing and updating sketches in detail, assorting pattern and colors in the line.
- Creates/updates BOM’s in accordance with the sample production timeline to ensure that samples are produced and delivered each season.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Collaborates with CAD team for layout and colorways on stripes, plaids and prints. Communicatesecommends revisions when needed.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Reviews production submits in partnership with cross-functional team – ensures aesthetic and execution hold up to aligned standard.
- Presents to team at milestone meetings.
- Manages his/her records each season– creating/updating linesheets, fabric lists, etc.
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology. Competency in Adobe programs a must – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Excellent design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
Who you are
- College degree in FashionDesign or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs