About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Manager of Product Development enables the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with GIS partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
What You'll Do
What you'll do
- Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and division goals.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance and comprehensive analysis .
- Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Manage costing process to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance to the cross-functional team
- Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness
- Proactively work to mitigate quality issues by ensuring appropriate testing & vetting of the product is completed during development
- Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond.
Who you are
Who You Are
- Global Product Development experience in driving global product development and understands design. merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
- Change Management- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated new skills and knowledge.
- Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs