About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
A role of a Maintenance Supervisor in a Gap Inc. distribution or fulfillment center provides direct leadership to the maintenance staff and places you at the frontline of ensuring the facility is properly and effectively maintained. As a maintenance supervisor, you will have a direct responsibility to support the daily facility operations while controlling departmental operating costs. Your ability to effectively communicate, direct and delegate complex instructions on maintenance items and special projects will drive exceptional results for the business. As a Maintenance Supervisor you will achieve results through exceptional decision making, problem solving, and analysis utilizing planning and process management, communication and leadership skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
What you'll do
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Maintenance Technicians following safety guidelines.
- Establish clear performance objectives, complete performance appraisals and provide regular feedback.
- Oversee maintenance of facility equipment to achieve key performance goals with regard to uptime, cost per unit, and utilization.
- Ability to troubleshoot and assist with development of preventative/predictive maintenance and training programs such as: Lock Out / Tag Out, conveyor safety, proper PM procedures, working knowledge of NEC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA, HAZMAT.
- Ability to oversee and troubleshoot maintenance/construction projects consisting of welding, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, plumbing , HVAC and building systems.
- Oversee effectiveness and schedule work. Ensure proper recording of all work orders in CMMS system, and utilize data to identify trends in repairs, evaluate equipment performance, and update business partners on work schedules and accomplishments.
- Responsible for supervision and support of any contractors, vendors and janitorial staff operating within the facility on assigned shift.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 3 - 5 years of practical experience in material handling system maintenance
Minimum of 3 - 5 years of leadership experience preferred
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information
Effective issue resolution skills
Understand electrical prints
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs