About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
The Operations Analytics team is focused on supporting a best-in-class Global Supply Chain. We analyze internal and external data, trends, and indicators to ensure that Gap Inc’s scale and scope is fully leveraged to drive efficiencies in the product creation process that ultimately impact Gap Inc.’s bottom line. As analytics experts, we also leverage our knowledge of the Supply Chain and Gap Inc data systems to create visibility and help Sr. Leadership identify and rectify Supply Chain issues before they impact our customers.
• Report and analyze business results through established KPIs on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
• Identify/synthesize key trends that have the potential to impact the organization.
• Build & continuously improve our approach to leveraging global market data by troubleshooting issues in backend data with IT and managing expectations with business partners.
•Proactively foster strong brand and business partner relationships to help inform analytical results with correct business context.
• Support strategic initiatives and cross-functional stakeholders by implementing best-in-class quantitative and qualitative analysis and business intelligence tools.
• Leverage knowledge of tools and systems that impact Gap Inc. supply chain to manage KPIs lifecycle and communicate changes to cross functional stakeholders.
• Visualize global market trends across brands/markets/channels/categories for Gap Inc. and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management.
Who you are
• Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and curiosity.
• Comfort with data analysis & management, and associated tools.
• Experience with process mapping and or data visualization tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional leaders and other business partners
• Strong desire to learn and experiment with new data visualization/analytics/programming tools.
• Experience with retail/consumer goods supply chains.
• Proficient in Excel, Access, SQL and PowerPoint, and one or more data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
• 2-4 years of experience in finance, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytical role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related Analytics field.
• BA/BS required, MBA/MS preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.