Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
PackagingSourcing Coordinator: The PackagingSourcing Coordinator will support the Packaging Sourcing Manager throughout thedevelopment and execution of on-garment labels and packaging. The role entails a significant amount ofinformation management and interaction with multiple partners across theglobe: Suppliers, Global Production,global buying offices and Merchandising. To be successful, key strengths should include exceptionalorganizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, clear concisecommunication, and the ability to partner successfully with a wide range ofstakeholders.
What you'll do
- Update PLM/createitem codesevise codes
- Create RD# in PLM and RD# chart for new jobsand send to Digital Production
- Proof mechanicals for item specifications,codes and layout
- Update PLM with Approved Supplier info andfinal art
- Release Artworks to Suppliers
- Gather data for art release (Email fromproduction/Distro list from WorkFront/pull RD#s from Item code list)
- Create art release template for each job
- Email Production for artwork released
- Track all activeprojects and participate in weekly packaging team status meetings
- Keep track of Release/In-Factory Dates toinsure on time set ups
- Route suppliersamples and proofs for approval
- Send out samples to suppliers/Creative
- Follow up on sample status and prices withsuppliers and keep cross functional teams updated
- Overseeongoing label and packaging programs in partnership with Sourcing Manager
- Keep supplier’s binders up-to-date with samples· Prepare submitcards for share-outs with cross-functional teams and leadership
Who you are
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience workingin an International company (preferred)
- Background inretail, garment production, trim, print, or textiles is a plus
· Strong background using Microsoft Excel to manage/organize data
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-motivated with inherent sense of initiative
· Solution-oriented creative problem-solving skills
· Strong customer service orientation balanced by ability to negotiate conflicting priorities
· Thrives within a team working environment
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs