We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The role of Designer, Trend & Concept at Athleta is a key position in the creation, innovation and development of world class beautiful, technical and sustainable performance apparel. This role will straddle the strategic and creative worlds by bringing the future to the creative teams with intense collaboration. In this role he/she/they will be part of the team to seek and set the creative vision seasonally, through visual and digital presentations, driving innovation, trend, concept through the unique brand voice of Athleta.
• Seek, search, and build out the new, whilst having a deep understanding of the competitive landscape; bring new concepts to the team with a focus on fashion, sports and culture.
• Become the expert; detailed research into new sports, trend in sports, culture with in, down to the outfit/key items.
• Actively participate in product to market milestones meeting and to build key presentations to visualize seasonal concepts.
• Sketch out or build out new concepts in a variety of mediums that fuel inspiration.
• Collaborate with design, merchandising, and fabric materials teams to help build the future, acting as the project lead.
• Maintain awareness of current business, in all channels (stores, catalog and online).
• Facilitates accountability for staying on schedule (for both external resources and internal teams)
• Responsible for understanding the impact of the decisions on timelines and margins.
Who you are
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience, ideally working in a high growth business.
• Experience within a performance brand a plus
• Deep expertise in garment design, marketing and/or related experience
• Proficient use of Adobe Suite, (illustrator, photoshop, InDesign) Excel, Word, Mac platform.
• Forward thinker: Fashion, culture, design, social, digital entertainment
• Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
• Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Strong design voice and point of view on where to go and why
• Demonstrate executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
• Willing and able to travel as needed.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs