Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Associate Manager of Fabric supports leadership to leverage consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will enable the ‘Fabric First’ mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also works with Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia to enable leadership direction based on cross-functional strategies.
Communicate fabric needs
across the brand for leveraging opportunities; insure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered
and communicate with the Mill management team Demonstrate
a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
Support fabric process discipline
throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
Support the utilization
of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
Track all components of the fabric and wash resource library
to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline
on number of seasonal developments.
Support fabric pricing guidelines
for line plan.
Assist in fabric testing
to ensure qualities are within our protocolsFabric maintenance in PLM system
Who you are
- experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcingprocesses.
- experience using an analytical approach to solve problems.
Planning & Prioritization-
experience executing to set deadlines
- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, andcollaboration across a broader team.
proven history of attention to detail with strong follow through
- experience leading without authority to influence others and drivedecision-making.
- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs