We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
As a member of the Athleta Women’sDesign Team, you will join a team of designers to concept, design, and executeAthleta product to be sold through ourcatalog, website and retail stores. Your overarching goal will be tosuccessfully combine performance with fashion in our products as well as tobalance process and creativity in your practice.
What you'll do
- Assist in design, development and execution of Swim and Resort outfitting collections.
- Gather and identify relevant trend, sustainability, innovation, sport and macro lifestyle information that impacts performance apparel
- Assist in preparation for meetings by completing documents & visual tools and gathering materials
- Participate in product fittings and make necessary updates to all product information and tech packs
- Create thumbnail sketches for product line selection and technical line drawings for use in final presentations and technical specification packages
- Create first proto sample package to facilitate initial sampling, update bill of materials throughout the process.
- Communicate with vendors daily on all design details, complete and update design bill of materials to meet seasonal deadlines
- With Designers and Merchandisers evaluate all first proto samples for adoption, document and record any discrepancies for future use in fit sessions
- Coordinate with print and graphic team to ensure all print CADs are prepared on timely basis for all line presentations, produce CADs to represent assortment as need for line presentations
- Pre-press: review catalog images for color, product detail and fit depiction accuracy
Who you are
- College Degree – BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Design
- Experience in performance, technical or Outdoor apparel
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other CAD software
- PLM experience a plus – BOM entry
- Hands-on design experience, flat and fashion sketching, sample/mockup creation, draping - ability to think 3D
- Material and trim knowledge and it’s creative use in innovative performance apparel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Highly organized with and ability to work on multiple seasons and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong understanding of color, print and design
- Strong sense of runway and street fashion trends
- Willingness to become expert in the Design end-use: immersion in culture and community through active experiences to gain market knowledge and collaborate with athletes to create functional, emotional, and relevant designs.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs