We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Athleta’s Sr. Manager of Marketing Effectiveness and Media Mix is a curious, strategic and influential leader responsible for optimizing our marketing investments against various financial, customer, and awareness goals. You will be establishing a new way evaluating our marketing investments and build the process, data analytics, and forecasting capabilities that will take Athleta’s growth to the next level. You will have a primary role in building out our commercial plan strategy and process with both growth and profitability in mind. You will gain high exposure within the brand and Gap Inc. as we pave the way for the enterprise in assessing and optimizing omni-channel marketing effectiveness of online and offline vehicles and rethink the way we approach discounting.
What you'll do
- Establish and integrate the Marketing Effectiveness function and team into the brand
- Pioneer a marketing driven sales model and forecast to ensure our commercial plan can deliver or exceed our sales goals. Develop actionable recommendations on shifts based on data-backed strategies and influence cross-functional partners
- Own the critical financial components of our Commercial Planning strategy: Events/Discounting and Media Mix optimization. Forecast and hindsight incremental marketing driven sales, margin, and earnings components of our commercial plan.
- Establish, own, and lead a monthly Marketing Forecast meeting to regularly hindsight performance, look forward to risk and opportunities, and shift investments in discount and spend as we gather more insights
- Partner closely with Athleta Customer Analytics and Engagement groups to ensure our marketing investments are stacked and optimized appropriately across the funnel
- Act as liaison to the central Gap Inc. Customer, Data and Analytics teams to ensure Athleta goals are supported as well as our learnings are communicated back and influential to all Gap Inc. Brands.
- Influence marketing spend during the budget, inseason, and preseason process
- This role has a team of 2 Senior Analyst direct reports.
- This role reports into the Director of Finance, Company Planning and Marketing Effectiveness
Who you are
You are a strategic, driven, data-savvy Marketing leader who thrives in ambiguity and builds vision and clear action plans through a cross-functional team.
- Insight: Makes sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve; transforms past views, sets new directions, and builds on the ideas of others to push the business forward.
- Self-starter with a fierce and smart work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results.
- Curiosity that challenges the status quo, actively seeks new experiences, knowledge, and solutions. Takes risks, learns quickly, and applies to strategies go forward.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
- Comfortable with the “grey”. Ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions with limited data or information.
- Excellent at developing processes and change management
- Team player with a positive attitude and proven ability to develop effective and influential business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability to learn company systems/tools and create process efficiencies.
- 5+ years of experience in data-based strategy and financial modeling. Retail experience preferred.
- 3+ years of marketing experience, online and offline media highly preferred
- 2+ years of management experience
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase, Omniture, NOVA and Venus a plus.
Top Leadership Competencies:
Collaboration and Influencing
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs