Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Regional Visual Manager ensures the integrity of Gap Brand through consistent execution of merchandising direction within a region. The Regional Visual Manager leads the District Visual Managers and District Managers in developing strategies to deliver well merchandised, visually engaging stores that meet the needs of the business. The RVM provides training, leadership, guidance and inspiration to the region and DVM team.
What you'll do
- Drives brand loyalty by ensuring exceptional customer experience through well-merchandised, visually engaging, brand appropriate store environments throughout the region
- Ensures DVMs (District Visual Managers) and the regional team understands the brand aesthetic; reinforces company goals and objectives at the store, district and regional level
- Guides regional team in translating corporate direction to meet needs of their business and/or store architectural challenges
- Communicates and informs DVMs & DMs on visual opportunities and initiatives; solicits and provides feedback to Zone Visual Director and HQ partners
- Works cross-functionally to ensure the brand presentation expectation is consistently actionable for the stores
- Partners with regional team and DVMs to identify root cause of opportunities and develops appropriate actions plans
- Resolves store specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations based on store size, store type, volume, and inventory levels; informs team and region.
- Supports the elevation of merchandising and visual elements in premiere stores; takes the lead in providing creative solutions
- Conducts store visits to ensure understanding, compliance, execution of merchandising and visual standards
- Coordinates and conducts ongoing training and development of DVMs & DMs to deliver effective merchandising and compelling visual elements
- Creates and implements training plans specific to regional team developmental
- Creates and delivers training workshops for region/district to support key initiatives and opportunities
- Develops creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin
- Reviews business/company strategies with RD, DMs, and DVMs; partners with regional leadership on identifying and maximizing business opportunities
- Provides consistent training and development to DVM team to develop talent and bench-strength
- Builds bench-strength by identifying and developing internal and recruiting external talent
- Ensures that new store openings and remodels are properly supported and managed
- Accountable for meeting yearly regional travel budget
Who you are
- Excellent merchandising skills that can support high volume, multi-level stores.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong functional leadership skills
- Able to influence and motivate others
- Strong problem analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
- Proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Skilled at creating teams and partnerships
- Competition and industry aware, knowledge of market
- Minimum of 3yrs of retail management, including visual merchandising and presentation experience
- Travel will be required up to and including overnight stays
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs