About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
TheData and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer andStrategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power ofcustomer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc.
Reporting tothe Director of Tools and Prototypes, this role willbe responsible for leading development of Gap Inc next-generationdata products and tools to drive evidenced-based decision makingacross all functions and roles in the enterprise. We are looking for someone with strongskills taking ambiguous problems and defining product opportunities.
What you'll do
- Responsiblefor assisting with the defining, development, testing and deployment of dataproducts for the Data & Analytics team and other business functions
- Collaborateand partner with product managers, data engineers, and internal customers tounderstand user needs and translate those insights into areas of opportunities
- Utilize user experiencemethodologies to understand and identify user behaviors, challenges, needs, anddesires.
Who you are
- 2-4 years of experience demonstrating analytical, research and problemsolving skills, multi-channel retailenvironment preferred
- BA/BS degree required
- Proven excellence in developinginteractive dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau, or similar technology
- Ability to write complex SQLstatements
- Experience with R, Python or otherdata-centric programming language preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills. Ableto effectively communicate with both users and technical audiences
- Self-starter, ageneralist who is willing to get into the weeds: defining, managing, andexecuting
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs