About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Senior BI Developer and Analyst, Data Insights| Data & Analytics
The Data and Analytics organization isa critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team ischartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drivecustomer obsession across Gap Inc.
Reportingto the Director of Tools and Prototypes, this role willbe responsible for leading development of Gap Inc next-generationdata products and tools to drive evidenced-based decision makingacross all functions and roles in the enterprise.
Weare looking for someone with strong skills taking ambiguous problems anddefining product opportunities.
Responsible for assisting with thedefining, development, testing and deployment of data products for the Data& Analytics team and other business functions
Working cross functionally, collaborateand partner with product managers, project managers, data engineers, accounting,finance and internal customers to understand user needs and translate thoseinsights into areas of opportunities, and developing solutions/final products.
Utilize user experience methodologies to understand and identifyuser behaviors, challenges, needs, and desires.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating Business Intelligence development, developing within PowerBI, SQL and Microsoft BI stack: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Multidimensional cube), Tabular
- Define,architect, develop, deploy and maintain a high frequency of complex datatransfer load (ETL) is as must
- Abilityto convert data, write complex SQL queries, tabular models, creating reportsand dashboards across an enterprise environment.
- Respondingto immediate needs and creating ad hoc analysis reports
- Experienced with design review and documenting requirements for end-users
- Providing technical guidance instruction for PowerBI direct and indirect users
- Experiencewith R, or other data-centric programming language preferred, but not required
- Excellentcommunication skills. Able to effectively communicate and training with bothusers and technical audiences. Presenting data visuals using PowerBI to executivestakeholders
- Masterof Science degree within the Information Technology is required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs