About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for producing all marketing needs for Janie and Jack brand. The internal Creative team is responsible for all photography, campaign development, window and in-store signage, direct mail, print advertising, packaging and store support–related design needs.
What you'll do
- The Production Designer supports the Janie and Jack brand, producing mechanical artwork, versions and print ready materials.
- Maintain consistency throughout execution with file naming and versioning
- Maintain close relationships with the Graphic Designers, while overseeing all aspects of pre-press production
- Create and maintain accurate workflow log (excel document) tracking each deliverable’s status
- Utilizes traffic software for routing and traffic of all jobs.
- Liaise with retouching, following image asset workflow
- Liaise with (print) procurement team and printers
- Excellence in building out large scale packaging programs with a consistent hand in templates, style sheets, file naming and management and artwork slugs
- Maintain organization of digital server and accurately archive files
- Maintain signage libraries
- Maintain clear and consistent file structure on server for all image assets
- Create professional mock-ups for presentations and store walk-throughs
- Use/trouble shoot FTP/Dropbox to send to files to vendors, both domestic and international
- Understand die line construction and printer requirements, as relating to the development of artwork
- Troubleshoot technical problems (computer technology, printer, servers, etc.)
- Attend and actively participate in all departmental status meetings, keeping team/MP updated on project status, initiatives and key production-related issues
Who you are
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC or above, with skill excellence in InDesign and Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of packaging production design/working with die lines and large sets of versioned formats
- Expert understanding of Prepress techniques and preparing mechanicals for offset and web press printing
- Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external business partners
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Retail experience preferred
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs