About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the employees through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. Responsible for making safe apprehensions through following the apprehension guidelines. Responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
What you'll do
- Contribute to shortage reduction
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions
- Audit compliance to physical security standards
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Loss Prevention leadership
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date.
- Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner
- Work with management on ensuring operational compliance
- Serve with management to ensure safe work environment
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.)
Who you are
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
- High schools graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred
- State certification required, where applicable
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs