About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of the Distribution Center. This includes the warehouse and office areas of the facility. Works within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
1. Job Functions
What you'll do
- General Mechanical Aptitude – Ability to perform cleaning and to lift 25 lbs. Proven abilities through past experience, either formal or informal training.
- Department Safety – Responsible for following all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Maintenance Supply Management – Ensure maintenance supply department maintains accurate and economically balanced level of janitorial supplies, tools (mops or dust brooms) and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Responsibilities and Evaluation Criteria
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms daily.
- Clean all air vents.
- Clean all windows.
- Clean all floors and shampoo carpets.
- Clean spills.
- Empty trash and recycle bins (cans and paper).
- Notify Assistant Maintenance Supervisor of any building problems (i.e. leaking faucets, burnt out light bulbs, inoperable dispensers).
- Stock janitorial closets with supplies.
- Keep janitorial supplies at or above the minimum reorder points.
- Make supply purchasing recommendations to the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide training to new custodians.
- Work area must be clean and neat.
- Assist in each department when needed.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime.
Maintain a high level of contact with DC associates and management, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Coordinator. Work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects. Key relationships with Maintenance Supervisor, management staff, maintenance staff and DC associates.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- General Aptitude and Skill
- 1 year of practical experience as a custodian
- Time Management
- Strong written and oral communication
2) Minimum educational level:
3) Minimum experience:
- 1 year minimum maintenance custodian and/or professional trade.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must present a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. This will include, but not limited to, facial hair being well trimmed, hair pulled back and combed, and having a clean, well pressed uniform.
- Attire must include leather boots, long pants, and shirts with sleeves. Jewelry is not permitted.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs