Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The International Buyer is responsible for the end-to-end assortment strategy from conception through execution for their respective market and channel of ownership. They own partnering with both the in-Market and NY HQ cross-functional teams to ensure they create impactful product strategies and see that strategy through flawless execution.
Gap Japan and Europe each operate ~100 specialty and ~50 Outlet stores across their respective markets. The international Product Team consists of Planning, Allocation, Buying, Store Planning, and Real Estate. They own working with their respective partners in-Market, Store Operations, Visual, Finance, and DC Logistics to ensure flawless execution of the end-to-end Product Strategy.
The Buyer, International will be a key member of the International Product Team, driving fully integrated assortment and investment strategies linked to financial Top Down Merchandise Financial Plans.
What you'll do
- Key Strategic Business Owner in partnership with Planning, Allocation, and Store Planning team
- Own financial viability of assortment to enable fiscal plans and strategies
- In-Season and Pre-Season end-to-end accountability of product from inception to end-of-life
- Market share insights and competitive patterning
- Pricing strategy with VGBB connection
- Assortment and Attribute Targeting
- Architecture Plan
- Line plan validation - Leverage NA Assortment Strategy, deviate for market specific nuances and business needs
- Manage exception attributes : Marketing level messaging by market & cow/star/dog
- Line Adoption
- Establish Style Parameters
Who you are
- Financial acumen & strong open to buy principles
- Superior leader, trainer, developer of teams, role model & talent champion
- Strategic visioning / connecting complex business needs
- Detailed oriented with ability to zoom out to key strategic themes
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organization
- Relentlessly commercial
- Professionally driven
- Comfortable with ambiguity and filling “white space”
- A “self-starter and “self-teacher” / ability to anticipate problems and resolve quickly before escalating
- Comfortable and leading in a matrix reporting structure
- Energized by owning part of E2E process (not entire process)
- Systems savvy
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs