We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Print + Pattern Textile Developer is responsible for ensuring the seamless process for textile development from initial concept to commercialization. This role works cross functionally, not limited to Design and Production, to ensure on time delivery and development according to the defined product creation milestones ensuring our products are sustainable and beautiful, while having the ability to perform for our customer. This role will also manage sampling and prototyping for printed materials in addition to identifying and addressing key manufacturing issues. This role is critical to enable flawless execution of quality standards
- Works through and recommends artwork and graphic execution, according to the type of art, product attributes and specific fabric requirements
- Reviews and comments on fabric strike-offs and other physical product samples, for color accuracy and material execution, for all relevant product areas
- Owns correspondence via email and/or video conference and international travel to sourcing office (Hong Kong) and vendor visits for all developments, in partnership with design and production, as well as vendor partners
- Update and mange mill sheets based on vendor base capabilities
- Research and drive new developments with other team members appropriate for the Athleta customer
- Strong product management skills of working with cross functional partners in Textile, Design, Merchant, Tech, Production, Color and R&D
- Problem solving in a timely manner while working across multiple seasons
Who you are
- Strong understanding of artwork development for active apparel, and the technical and functional materials and applications required
- Absolutely passionate about surface pattern of textiles
- Be able to update millsheets and complex artworks for print/pattern and graphics
- Driven to make change through better practices in Sustainability and ethical treatment of supply chain
- Aspires to build an inclusive culture to grow Athleta to a leading Sustainably sourced agile brand
- 5+ years experience in Product Development, Textile Design and or Production in Print/Pattern and Graphics
- Preferred Textile Degree or Textile related
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, Adobe software. Other CAD software experience is a bonus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs