About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
At Janie and Jack, we know our field leaders are a big part of our success. We look for talented people who can meet the unique needs of each of our retail locations, while empowering their teams to make the Janie and Jack shopping experience the best it can be. Our District Managers are a valued part of the Janie and Jack family. The District Manager is responsible for driving sales, operations, and human resources in their assigned district to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
What you'll do
- Attract, hire, develop, and motivate teams to deliver the brand's vision, customer experience, and financial strategies for the stores in assigned district
- Monitor performance and consistently follow up to ensure results are achieved
- Develop individual and team performance and capabilities through clear expectations, intentional conversations, accountability and recognition
- Foster and maintain an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Guide team through effective store visits focused on behaviors that will enable the team to consistently deliver results in all areas of the business
- Ensure all stores are operating in compliance with Gap Inc. policies and procedures
Who you are
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability in guiding teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and enable change
- Demonstrated expertise in building high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to achieve beyond what is expected and take actions to exceed goals
- 3-5 years of apparel multi-store leadership experience
- College Degree preferred
- Flexibility to work when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel overnight and/or between stores as required
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs