About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for logistics supply chain software engineer who can work on several vendor applications/ MHE systems across all the distribution centers. You’ll collaborate, strategize and develop with cross-functional partners across full fill and ship teams. This role is critical to develop and support vendor software applications and integrate with several WMS systems across both retail and online platforms.
What you'll do
- Analyze, enhance, develop and maintain software code used to support logistics systems.
- Collaborate with Vendor partners and manage the delivery of projects, bug fixes and deployments
- Excellent understanding of DB/Triggers/Functions/PLSQL procedures
- Good understanding of WMS software preferably Manhattan WMoS
- Develop new software packages that can be integrated with Material Handling Equipment and vendor applications
- Basic understanding on core WMOS software and tables(PO,ASN,ILPN,etc)
- Follow complete software development lifecycle (DevOps, Agile)
- Supports multiple distribution centers in the use of their specific application software and MHE systems, for both retail stores, and fulfillment to customers directly.
- Excellent Vendor management skills in participating and work with various external vendor software
- Strong business knowledge of Logistics, Fulfillment and Distribution Center operations and processes, specific to MHE systems.
- Maintains and improves monitoring capabilities over MHE systems software.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, IS and /or equivalent formal training or experience.
- 3-7+ years of experience with Supply chain technologies, electrical mechanical conveyance, and Information Technology, within supply chain logistics and specifically with material handling, Manhattan WMS, PLC/HMI Programming as well as extensive vendor management skills.
- Willing to travel to the sites as needed for deployments and support
- Ability to collaborate and work with several business and IT partners
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs