About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The 3rd party andLicensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. that handlesstrategy, sourcing and production management for the products within Gap Inc.that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensingvendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from privatelabel shoes, to licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Our teamprovides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support,negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, productdevelopment, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete productionmanagement.
The Assistant role isto support the 3rd Party & Licensing Team, which is responsible for thedevelopment, cost negotiations, communication and execution of 3rd Party andLicensed product. His/her role is to enter and maintain absolute accuracy ofall data in multiple tools and systems and monitor the post-productionprocesses and metrics directly with our vendors. We are looking for a computersavvy individual with strong Excel skills and the ability to pick up newsystems quickly. He/she must be detail oriented and able to prioritize whilemanaging multiple projects from multiple categories across the team. He/shemust be a creative problem solver, collaborative, highly motivated and agile inorder to support the end-to-end production process.
What you'll do
- On board new vendors to ensure that they are clear onGap Inc. testing protocols, shipping requirements, invoicing etc.
- In-season management - Manage production timelines, review WIP reports, andrecommend solutions for issues in production process. Ensure on time shipment.
- Build strongrelationships with vendor partners to drive product execution
- Responsible for TY/ LY costing recaps used for seasonal costing negotiations.
- Confirm seasonalbookings with vendors
- Confirm PO’s arecreated, sized & packed and accepted by vendor
- Manage seasonalcosting hindsight
- Enter and maintain accuracy of data within multipleinternal systems: PLM, Tradestone/ Costing Tool, ACT, SCMS and Prompt, ProductChange Log
- Subject matter expert for PLM, Tradestone, PCL, ACT,SCMS and Prompt and act as a lead in training new team members
- Communicate deliverables and changes in timelines tomultiple business partners. Ensure deliverables across CFT and Vendor partners.Own tapping calendars and sending reminders for upcoming deliverables
- Support Production Managers/Associates with bookingsand communication with vendors
- Maintain calendars by tapping the CFT for bookingdeadlines and upcoming deliverables.
- Maintain the trim chart updated and share out to thevendors on a seasonal booking timeline.
- Own updating SOT report when PO’s are late
- Responsible for Charging vendors back on a monthlybasis for any late shipments according to our late ship discount matrix.
- Own coordinating samples and setting up meetings forPSR meetings.
- Follow up with vendors for any missingTOP’s
- Own all PO updates regarding cuts oradding units, this includes new chase requests.
Who you are
- Problem Solver- canproactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Provenability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrixenvironment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership-demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaborationacross a leadership team.
- Learning Agility -desire to learn and change with a ‘growth mindset.
- Experience: 3+ yearsprofessional experience in production, sourcing, global supply chain,merchandising or management consulting.
- Quickly adapt to change
- General understanding ofretail math and/or comfortable with numbers
- Ability to interpretshifting business strategies. Work in adynamic, fast-paced environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs