About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Strategically create and drive investment & system optimization strategies for Inventory Management in the Canada, Outlet, and Mexico markets, supporting achievement of Old Navy financial plans and brand strategies. Identify opportunities and translate those opportunities into strategies and strategies into results. Own and manage projects or initiatives supporting a consistent simplified process and system optimization.
Process/System and Tools:
What you'll do
Expert in all Allocation and Planning tools; Strong understanding of other functions tools
Recommends and develops system, tool, and process improvement to drive efficiency
Strategizes new business process to drive financial goals and strategies
Designs & delivers comprehensive training that clearly demonstrates strategy & tactics
Maintains areas of responsibility for self-service training hub
Supports Manager & Above with business issue solutions and training
Partners with MPA/IS leadership to prioritize and align on strategies
strategic intent of project in content and clearly links project milestones to the strategy
all portions of project planning by contributing value add feedback to process (tool development, IMLT feedback, training and stakeholder feedback)
Own and manage
a larger project or initiative, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
project milestones with quality (content, strategic thought) through delivery and managing others as needed
Models strong time management by delivering project milestones on time
Appropriately informs & engages manager and MPA/IS leadership
Leverages SMEs, Managers and IM leaders as key stakeholders through being known as a business partner that is open to feedback
Own development of self
Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
Influence others (team and cross functional partners) to drive results
Demonstrate ability to develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
Who you are
- 3-5 years of Inventory Management (or equivalent) experience
- Demonstrated strategic agility ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies
- Proven success with leading organizational change
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Old Navy inventory management applications (or equivalent) & MS Office
- Background in planning is preferred
- Experience in leading system / tool projects for a business is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs