About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
At Janie and Jack, we know our Sales Associates are a big part of our success. We look for talented people who can meet the unique needs of our retail locations, while feeling empowered to make the Janie and Jack shopping experience as sweet as it can be for our customers. Our Sales Associate is connected to our customers, listens and always puts the customer’s best interest first. Our Sales Associate is obsessive about creating a store environment focused on our customer and providing an engaging and convenient experience for everyone.
What you'll do
Loves to sell and always knows the latest trends
Delights in curating outfits and sharing fashion knowledge with customers
Handle all customer interactions courteously and professionally
Achieve and exceed sales goals by delivering exceptional service
Help maintain a neat, clean and organized store
Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently
Who you are
- Passionate about retail and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- Friendly, genuine, helpful and optimistic and is always smiling
- Outstanding communication and optimistic problem solving skills
- Able to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom, and office and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Availability to work when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs