Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Stock Associate generates sales and cultivates customer loyalty by ensuring operational processes and standards are executed while ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. Stock Associates are responsible for creating a seamless Brand experience between back of house and the sales floor and are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Leader on Duty or as needed.
What you'll do
- Displays a “customer is the priority” mindset at all times
- Consistently treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Accountable to contribute to the achievement of store goals and results
- Upholds the commitments to the company’s processes, values and Code of Business Conduct
- Collaborates with store team to develop innovative solutions to business needs
- May flex between customer or support roles as needed by the business
- Meets or exceeds Company productivity standards for all operational processes: shipment processing, markdowns, merchandise signage, replenishment and recovery of sales floor and stockroom
- Executes Omni-Channel processes to ensure customer needs are met (i.e., SFS, RIS)
- Prepares and executes shipment assembly line tasks to company standard; flexes to all areas of the shipment line as needed
- Assists in executing merchandise flow and product placement
- Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell-through
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends
- Ensures neat, clean and organized areas throughout the stockroom and selling floor; performs all assigned cleaning duties
- Ensures unsold and/or returned merchandise is returned to the selling floor within established company standards
Who you are
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs