About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Banana Republic is looking for a highly motivated social media expert to serve as Social Media Manager. The individual in this position will help spearhead and implement the social media strategies with a data driven mindset for Banana Republic, working closely as the key liaison with the marketing and creative teams to achieve social media goals and drive retail results.
What you'll do
- Build, and maintain a best-in-class social media presence for the Banana Republic brand across social platforms
- Create and manage the social media calendar based on the company’s brand and product marketing priorities and broader cultural trends.
- Work cross-functionally with creative, copy, site, merchandising and marketing teams to amplify messages and priorities across social channels.
- Develop monthly influencer campaigns from concept to planning to execution to analysis
- Oversee content and messaging across all social media platforms - from planning stages through launch execution, regular updates, ongoing tracking and performance analysis
- Manage agency and vendor relationships, ensure that best-in-class vendors are
- Develop seasonal strategies that acquire new customer/followers, engage current customers, generate site traffic, increase conversion and complement overall marketing efforts and objectives
- Analyze and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on social media performance and analyze in relation to key competitors.
- Serve as the social media expert within the company, maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies and tactics and educate the marketing organization
- Ability to be available to engage in social media activations in real time with an ‘always on’ attitude and travel as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in social media management and strategy
- Driven, motivated, enthusiastic and energetic, a champion of your platform.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize and deliver against changing priorities, multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Strongly analytical with critical thinking skills and proven expertise in problem solving and budget management experience
- Strong understanding of social analytics and listening platforms
- Knowledge and interest in content creators and influencers on social media and ability to quickly adapt to the ever-changing influencer landscape
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media best practices on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter and emerging platforms
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs