We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Associate Store Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Associate Store Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand’s cross-functional team, partnering with the GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The manager is responsible for translating the business plans and strategies developed by the General Manager into day-to-day implementation plans and actions for teams.
This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and consistently exceeds her expectations. The GM models and can clearly articulate the Athleta vision and strategy to store team in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
What you'll do
Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business
Partners with GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement
Responsible for hiring and recruiting of store employees
Provides on-the-job training to new employees
Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback
Provides regular check-ins and on-going coaching/development for employees
Creates, reviews and adjust schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deliver the customer experience
Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty, partnering with marketing team in creating and executing community initiatives, events and promotions
Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
Ensures optimal floor coverage to maximize customer engagement, selling and task completion based upon the payroll goal
Serves as leader on duty
Responsible for employee files and audit compliance
Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store)
Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation
Completes projects as assigned by General Manager
Responsible for store opening and closing procedures
This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management
Who you are
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core – distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal. Can communicate a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion
- Results driven – Inspires and motivates to exceed goals
- Skilled problem-solver – Applies rigorous logic & methods to solve ambiguous problems
- Effectively prioritizes and provides focus for self and team, with appropriate attention to detail
- Effective Communicator (verbal and written) – Clearly articulates point-of-view, adapts communication style to audience, listens and asks questions to solicit feedback, and disseminates information effectively
- Leads through coaching and motivation. Can build a winning team filled to achieve the same end-goal. Sets a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain strong, business-oriented relationships with leaders at all levels.
- Possesses a strong visual merchandising sense; knows the power of styling to drive customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of in store systems, policy and procedure
- Minimum 3 years retail experience with emphasis on store operations and/or customer service
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs