About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Strategy & Growth group at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. We are responsible for developing Gap Inc.’s overall strategy, identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities, and driving customer-centric initiatives across our stores and digital channels. Strategy & Growth houses three specific teams and functions: Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development and Innovation and Pricing.
The summation of the three pillars report to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Leadership Team. We partner with the C-level and Brand Presidents, as well as other strategy leaders across the company.
As an Analyst of Corporate Development and Innovation, you will be responsible for driving inorganic and organic initiatives to advance our priorities and supercharge growth. You will be part of the team that defines our Corporate Development strategy and priorities, develops a pipeline of opportunities (including startup partnerships, broader strategic partnerships, and M&A), and oversees the investment or acquisition processes (including financial modeling, due diligence, negotiations, and post-merger integration). By doing so, you will help drive long-term value creation for Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Define and socialize Gap Inc.’s Corporate Development strategy and priorities, based on customer and competitor insights, technology trend assessments, and Gap Inc.’s overall positioning and strategy
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities across brands and capabilities (including startup partnerships, broader strategic partnerships, and M&A)
- Assist in the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities, financing and other strategic transactions (including analysis of strategic fit, financial modeling, due diligence, valuation, negotiation, and execution)
- Work with cross-functional teams within Gap Inc. and at external companies to ensure execution of their respective M&A integration plans
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners across Gap Inc., ensuring alignment of strategic priorities across organic and inorganic initiatives
Who you are
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, preferably with some experience in apparel retail
- Experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate development, corporate innovation / labs, strategy consulting, or late-stage venture capital
- M&A background preferred, with experience in strategic and creative thinking, due diligence, modeling, negotiating, closing transactions and post-merger integration activities
- Experience in new opportunity identification, sizing, investment allocation and prioritization
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and team player
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large / complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs