About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is a criticalpart of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus onour customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, wedevelop customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insightsteam reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief CustomerOfficer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brandand Functional Leadership Teams.
As an Analyst, you will play a critical role in drivingstrategic consumer insights programs and projects that support the Old Navy andBanana Republic brands. You will help toinfluence the business regularly through primary and secondary researchincluding research via our proprietary customer panel, Net Promoter trackingprogram, as well as ad hoc research projects. Role exposes you to product, strategy, marketing, and other teamsthrough the company. Though creatingthese strong partnerships, you will help to deliver on the ongoing transformationto more customer-centric decision making in the business
What you'll do
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Develop surveys, support material developmentfor qualitative research, analyze, & deliver compelling findings andrecommendations within the Old Navy and BR community
- Analyze existing primary and secondaryresearch to uncover fact-based insights
- Synthesize disparate information, translatingcomplex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations that driveexperiments, strategies and tactics
- Analyze and share out insights from ourCustomer Promoter Program tracking tool
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able toeffectively manage multiple projects
- Proactively listen to partners to find newways to drive business value
Who you are
- 2-3 years’ professional experience inMarketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Strategic Managementconsulting, and/or Analysis
- Experience conducting a wide range of researchmethodologies including quantitative research and analyses (survey design,programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative (IDIs, FocusGroups, shop-a-longs, intercepts)
- Proficient in programming & analyzingsurveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics); Panel managementexperience a plus
- Strong writing, speaking, and communicationskills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story)
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborateeffectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the jobdone’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs