About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Productacceptance testing is a key focus area in our business, enabling our brandteams to test product to gain customer feedback that drives high-impact,strategic decisions – from the size of a denim order to redesigning a dress orselecting a print prior to manufacturing.
The Senior Manager, Gap Brand Testing Engagement role isa great opportunity for someone looking for a transformational, challenging andcollaborative role that that positively impacts the bottom line. Key responsibilitiesinclude partnering with the Brand cross-functional teams (Merch, Planning,Production, Design) to validateefine test objectives, identify optimaltesting methods, own test design and participate in Gap Brand test kickoffs andresults discussions.
Additionally, this team member is responsiblefor vendor management, optimizing the relationship and processes for one of ourtesting capabilities. The Sr. Manager is also responsible for supporting thedevelopment of the Analysts on the team.
What you'll do
- Own Brand Engagement for Testing across severaldivisions – building strong partnerships with brand teams, Testing Operationsand Analytics teams
- Identify, design and deliver best-in-class testresults
- Championthe adoption of Testing as a strategic capability across Gap Brand
- Drive and support the change management required tosupport on-going sustainability of the testing process and tools within GapBrand
- Customize training materials and facilitateBrand trainings as needed to ensure adoption of Testing methodology, processand tools
- Drive testing projects to deliver innovation,and improve and expand capabilities
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address testissues before they impact business results. Lead and/or participate in the resolution of test issues andconcerns.
- Conduct hindsighting analysis of tests, partnerwith cross functional teams to share insights and identify areas for continuousimprovement
- Prepare and send weekly (email) updates to thebrands
- Prepare and lead Seasonal Executive Summary oftest results
- Drive vendor relationship to optimizeperformance and processes
- Support the development of Analysts on the team
Who you are
Is a strong collaborator and able to influence peers and leaders
Is a strong change leader, is able to gain buy-in from brand teams in adopting new, or optimizing existing, capabilities
Is eager to dive in and learn all aspects of Product Acceptance Testing
Enjoys developing team members
Has the ability to develop strong partnerships with vendors
6-8+ years of experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar
Experience in one of core retail cross-functional areas – Merchandising, Global Production or Inventory Management
Bachelor’s Degree required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs