About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
What you'll do
- Experience and understanding of responsive web content development
- Write optimized code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build reusable templates, widgets and code for team
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs
- Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
- Work in close partnerships with other Web Content Developers, brand production teams and brand web design.
Who you are
- 2 years minimum web site production and programming experience
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience
- Expertise in HTML and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with cross-browser testing and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of UX principles
- Experience building websites based on a grid system or utilizing Design Systems
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Quick Learner, excellent problem solver
- Ability to turn around project quickly and efficiently; Ability to excel in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ecommerce site development preferred
- User Interface design background preferred.
- Basic understanding of component-based web development frameworks
- Experience with version control systems
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards
- Experience with DemandWare or similar platforms
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs