About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Loss Prevention Service Representative’s primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of all store associates and customers and to support the shortage reduction efforts by providing a strong visible presence at the front end. They may be responsible for monitoring the employee entrance/exit and/or customer entrance/exit. They are to work closely with store leaders and Loss Prevention personnel to ensure all Loss Prevention initiatives are compliant to brand standards while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the LP Supervisor to ensure that all employees are following policies and procedures.
Responsible for maintaining the employee entrance, where applicable.
Assists in making apprehensions with certified LP Agents when requested by observing and acting as witness.
Sign in employees/vendors and verify any Gap Inc. merchandise.
Sign out employees/vendors and verify all Gap Inc. merchandise and verify purchases against the employee's receipt.
Keep track of all packages delivered through the employee entrance, excluding normal scheduled shipments.
- Ensure that the employee entrance is run efficiently by ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is accessible at all times.
Provide a visual presence at the entrance/exit through courteous and professional interaction with customers.
Support Loss Prevention agent as a back-up in shoplifting apprehensions and serving as witness as needed. Apprehensions.
This is an entry-level loss prevention position within the store level operations. This position communicates primarily to the store management team with direction on overall loss prevention strategy and programs coming from the LP Supervisor, LPM, FLPM, DLPM or RLPM.
Who you are
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years or retail Loss Prevention experience.
- Basic understanding of retail or security.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs.
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs