Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Participates in the conceptual development of product lines
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends, as well as, business strategy
- Will work with and sometimes direct “design ecosystem,” inclusive of in-house designers and vendor partnerships, to create product that is brand right, aspirational, and commercially viable
- Responsible for specing new designs
- Responsible for details on design of product, including preparing and updating sketches and specifications
- Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
- Involvement in sample fits and line edits
- Developing color/wash/fabric
- Assists in fabric and trim development
- Meets independently with vendors
Who you are
- 2 – 4 years of Design experience
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program)
- Solid understanding of design process
- Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- BA in Fashion Design or related field preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs