About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Product Testing is a key focus area in our business, enabling our brand teams to test product to gain customer feedback that drives high-impact, strategic decisions. Testing informs a range of decisions – from the size of a denim order to re-designing a dress or selecting a print prior to manufacturing.
Testing Operations owns end-to-end test executions, creates best in class execution process and tools, and drives sustainability through continuous improvement. Our team works across our brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, BR Factory, Gap Outlet and Athleta. This includes working on our 1) in-store product testing program and 2) online product testing capability.
We are seeking someone with a passion for retail who thrives in a cross-functional working environment and will enjoy learning about all aspects of the retail business. You will get to work with functions across our brand (e.g. Merchandising, Production, Marketing, Design, Inventory Management, Store Operations) to understand how retail works.
What you'll do
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional brand teams to coordinate testing activities
- Own and drive end to end execution for in-store / online product testing
- Drive collection of data/artifacts to build a test
- Track milestones, identify risks, and coordinate mitigation plans & actions for on-time test launch
- Track test POs, shipment to stores and facilitate issue resolutions
- Verify store compliance / on-line test link for optimal test set-up
- Partner with Gap Inc. Analytics to prepare for test read
- Validate/analyze test results and prepare materials to deliver to brands
- Collect, manage, maintain testing data for reporting and measurement
- Build strong partnerships with Brands, Analytics and Product Management teams
Who you are
- Highattention to detail
- Strongorganizational and time management skills
- Demonstratedinitiatives and ability to work independently
- Abilityto work effectively with internal team and cross-functional partners
- Goodwritten and oral communication
- Analyticalthinking and data orientation
- 2+years of experience, Retail experience in Consulting, Inventory Management,Merchandising or Production will be a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, andPowerPoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs