About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager, Email Content Development is responsible for the management of a small team of developers as well as hands-on coding, building and testing of customer-facing email marketing communications within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. This position is expected to utilize both HTML expertise and email marketing best practices where applicable within the daily responsibilities.
• Under the direction of the Sr. Manager – Email Content & Production Solutions, serve as the point-of-contact for Old Navy partners on highly dynamic email campaign build-outs
• Manage the growth of a team of Email developers, ensuring proper mentorship in the ways of training, troubleshooting, and pushing for opportunities to learn new things
• Work closely with Salesforce Campaign Managers to ensure on-time deliverables, including the communication of status, escalations, developments and next steps
• Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, which includes slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, utilizing AMPScript to code content against data, QA’ing against customer profiles, and addressing change rounds and revisions
• Work closely in the SFMC platform to utilize all available tools, resources and information to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
• Receive assets from in-house brand Creative teams, but work independently on production aspects
• Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability to drive future efficiencies
• Setup A/B testing content for emails
Who you are
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent education experience
• 5+ years hands-on email coding and production experience
• 2+ years experience with managing team members directly or indirectly
• Fluency in HTML/CSS – proficiency in responsive email design and must understand cross-browser and front-end development issues
• Experience with enterprise email technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Responsys, BlueHornet, Silverpop, Strongmail, etc.) strongly preferred
• Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and e-mail regulatory compliance
• Understanding of email design and delivery issues within various platforms
• Very high attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.