About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
You’ll lead by example, demonstrating best practices for a small team of developers, building and testing of customer-facing email marketing communications within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. In this position you’ll be expected to share and utilize your HTML and email marketing expertise
What you'll do
Serve as the point-of-contact for Old Navy partners on highly dynamic email campaign build-outs
Ensuring proper mentorship for less experienced colleagues, in the ways of training, troubleshooting, and encouraging them to learn new things
Developing new features throughout the service and owning those features from inception to production.
Work closely with Salesforce Campaign Managers to ensure on-time deliverables, including the communication of status, escalations, developments and next steps
Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, which includes slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, utilizing AMPScript to code content against data, QA'ing against customer profiles, and addressing change rounds and revisions
Work closely in the SFMC platform to utilize all available tools, resources and information to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
Receive assets from in-house brand Creative teams, but work independently on production aspects
Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability to drive future efficiencies
Setup A/B testing content for emails
Who you are
- 4+ years hands-on email coding and production experience
- Fluency in HTML/CSS - proficiency in responsive email design and must understand cross-browser and front-end development issues
- Experience with enterprise email technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Responsys, BlueHornet, Silverpop, Strongmail, etc.) strongly preferred
- Understanding of email design and delivery issues within various platforms
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs