Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
What you'll do
Manage daily workflow of executive, including scheduling appointments, maintaining calendar, telephone, department and group meetings, expense reports, files, travel plans, etc.
- Provide administrative support on a limited basis to team.
- Coordinate meetings and agendas; assist with presentations and meeting materials.
- Ensure executive is prepared with necessary materials for meetings.
- Regularly handle critical and highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Act as liaison executives direct reports and their staff.
- Coordinate setup of new employees including on-boarding facilitation.
- Oversee and coordinate all space planning needs of department and partner with Corporate Facilities.
- Maintain department organization charts, phone lists, and reporting relationship tool.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and office supplies, purchase as necessary and manage budget.
- Consolidate information for department's resource planning and annual focal review processes.
- Act as liaison for between HR and Corporate team.
- Other responsibilities including special projects as required to increase the professional effectiveness and efficiency of the Vice President and overall team
Who you are
- Minimum of three to five years administrative experience supporting high-level executive.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem solving and follow up skills; must be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build partnerships with all levels of management and business partners.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to be very flexible in reprioritizing near-term accountabilities.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs