About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Responsibilities include; leading and developing a team of Merchandise Handlers who service Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain’s on-line customer orders. Provide coaching feedback that drives customer satisfaction, business results and creates a competitive advantage for the business. Ability to partner with your Manager and leadership team to develop an optimized strategy for the Distribution Center Team by efficiently and effectively addressing team inquiries and issues, and developing team members’ skills, knowledge and abilities to meet and exceed expectations. Supervisor will achieve results through exceptional decision making quality and problem solving, an extraordinary customer focus, outstanding planning and process management, and developing a team engaged in the department’s success.
Who you are
- Provide Supervision of a distribution center team
- Monitor Merchandise Handlers performance to meet and exceed productivity, accuracy, quality, attendance, and safety targets for the team and individually
- Ability to engage your team; train, motivate, coach and develop Merchandise Handlers to achieve full performance
- Issue corrective action as necessary
- Lead daily shift meetings
- Ensure a superior customer experience that fully supports the brand promise (GSC and online brands)
- Embrace ongoing process development and beneficial change to identify best solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve practices and optimize technology and present recommendations to leadership
- Develop proficiency in performing all tasks performed by Merchandise Handlers
- Assess, plan and drive workload within the team to ensure adherence to agreed levels of work expectations
- Team engagement; be the first line of contact responding to employee’s questions and addressing their concerns
- Ensure effective communications-up, down and across the business
- Model and drive Gap’s “Wear Your Passion” culture and philosophy
- Ability to work various shifts as required.
Possess communication skills that will allow Interaction with all levels of the leadership team, business partners, and peers.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Present a professional demeanor and presence
- Open minded; continually seeks to find new and creative way to accomplish tasks
- Ability to learn and perform all tasks of a Merchandise Handlers in your assigned area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information
- Effective issue resolution skills
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven analytical abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate to motivate, develop and engage employees
- Passion, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills
- Knowledge of safety and employment regulations
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School diploma required
- Post-secondary education (university degree or college diploma) in a related discipline preferred or equivalent experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years distribution operations experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of leadership experience
- Experience with automated WMS, RF scanning preferred
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs