About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Peak Sr. Manager will be accountable for the successful delivery of Peak across all brands of GapTech. High collaboration and partnership is key to this role. This role will interface with senior leaders in business and GapTech and represent GapTech Peak readiness organization wide.
What you'll do
- This position demands to be available 24*7 for business-critical incidents and must be agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities and identify peak critical product teams
Drive peak critical product teams across Gap Tech to update peak product dashboards and Perform vendor readiness analysis (in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Business, Architecture, DevOps (if required)
- Drive/Track peak scrum of scrums to ensure peak stories are being identified, prioritized and worked on (leveraging scrum team milestone metrics)
- Coordinate cross team dependencies (business, architecture, domain, DevOps, vendors) to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution. Jointly accountable for the successful delivery of peak with Architecture and DevOps.
- Lead and drive integrated load tests across products and ensure product teams are load testing their products to meet peak projections. This role demands working in low traffic hours (night hours in PST) before and during peak and collaborate with HDC (Hyderabad development team) in becoming peak ready
Who you are
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience and 8+ years of professional experience
- Agile methodology experience and a minimum of 6 years of senior program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; Strength in driving for business outcomes and results and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams
- Action/Decision Oriented mind set and adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs