About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a seasoned communications content strategiest and writer to own our narrative on our external corporate Newsroom, corporate social media channels and employee Intranet. This role is unique in that you’ll own our content strategy for both internal and external audiences so experience in both is key. In this role, you’ll be an individual contributor but will have a huge impact as you’ll lead our content strategy and get the experience to mentor junior members of the team. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to tell better stories that help drive action towards our business goals.
What you'll do
- Act as the editor of the corporate external Newsroom and Intranet by collaborating with communications partners on story angles that align with our business strategy, values and culture.
- Effectively translate written content into compelling stories including; editing and publishing all stories and in some cases, creating original content that brings Gap Inc.’s business, culture and talent to life for both internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with our creative specialist and oversee and create content for Gap Inc. social media accounts and all LinkedIn brand channels; consisting of nine social media channels.
- Own ongoing content sponsorship strategy that supports hiring goals and drives quality traffic to the Newsroom in partnership with media agency.
- Collaborate with Gap Inc. communications partners on ad hoc requests and events communications needs.
Who you are
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
You’re an excellent storyteller and have experience in content development and editorial strategy for both internal and external audiences. You’ll own our narrative … strong written, verbal and presentation skills will be key.
You have in-depth knowledge of storytelling on social media platforms, best practices and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
You’re a global thinker with the ability to manage projects across geographies with culturally diverse employee groups; this role will touch 135,000 employees around the world!
You can effectively collaborate and build relationships with key business partners across our portfolio of brands.
You love data and rely on it to help inform future content strategies.
You’re a creative thinker who is able to collaborate to bring new ideas to life in the form of communications and events and will know how to amplify existing events.
You can manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs