About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Java Engineer, you’ll work with an Agile product team to build services leveraged by our thousands of retail associates and millions of customers. You’ll leverage your knowledge of software to delight our customers with high-quality applications. The software quality bar is high at GapTech, you’ll use best-in-class tools for build automation, code coverage, contract testing, test-driven development, continuous build and integration tooling.
What you'll do
- Join an Agile Software Product team and participate in team rituals to develop customer-centric, sustainable, software – specifically APIs used by a variety of clients.
- Collaborate with senior developers and product owners on the team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Focus on quality is paramount at GapTech – code coverage, test automation, code reviews, etc. will be part of your cadence
- Use software engineering best practices
Who you are
- Above all, you possess a passion to build high-quality customer experiences through our software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of APIs, the concept of domain and user experience APIs, and how best to meet the needs of a variety of clients.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large software products, creating distributed and scalable/cloud-ready systems.
- Experience and robust understanding of Java and related technologies (Springboot), Services (REST, XML, etc.), queuing technologies (NGINIX, MQ) and databases (Redis, Oracle).
- Experience with software engineering best practices and quality tooling (SONAR, TDD, BDD, CI/CD, etc.)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs