About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a
Director, Retail Capabilities - Brand Operations
to play a critical role in driving the development of operating capabilities in support of Gap Inc. growth across all brands. In this role, you will partner with supply chain functions, Product Management, Technology and brand leadership to enable Gap Inc. brands to deliver against their commercial plans. This is a hybrid of strategy and business operations, with a focus on process design, quantitative analysis, change management, cross-functional leadership and collaboration, facilitation and project management. A strong understanding of Inventory Management and logistics/operations is critical to your success. In this role, you will have an opportunity to showcase your strong leadership and communications/influencing skills and your passion for working cross-functionally and cross-brand to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interesting and challenging business questions.
What you'll do
- Lead strategic priority efforts related to enterprise retail capabilities, capacity and network management, cost/service optimization, and improved delivery against Brand commercial plans
- Partner with Brand Operations teams to ensure best in class process, tools and analyses are implemented and leveraged consistently across Brands
- Lead and drive retail inventory movement plans across Gap Inc. to mitigate risk to commercial plans
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including DC Operations, Transportation, Advanced Analytics, Product Management, Technology and Inventory Management
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations
- Develop best in class talent with operations expertise and understanding of Supply Chain functions
Who you are
- 10-15 years of total experience, including 3+years in management consulting/strategy, supply chain and/or retail operations(specifically inventory management); Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage operationaldetails/execution, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis,creative problem solving, and complex cross-functional project management
- Experience with change management andleading transition and implementation work
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments,bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability to develop and maintaineffective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skillsand comfort with retail technology systems (Essbase, IMS, WMS, etc.) and/oraptitude to learn
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs