About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Pricing team, reporting to the VP of Strategy, is a key part of a broader Strategy team that works front and center in defining the best path forward for our brands and portfolio. Through a focus on the customer, rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we directly impact the strategic direction of our portfolio of brands through supporting our CEO, Sr. Leadership team, and our brand partners.
We are looking for innovative and analytical leader who wants to drive an outsized impact on Gap Inc; someone that is looking to interact with the key influencers and leaders of the company. Your goal is to drive in-year value while setting up value-creating opportunities to drive long term value, through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
As a Director on the Corporate Strategy Pricing Team, you will be charged with developing and influencing the implementation of promotional strategies across Gap, Inc. brands and product portfolios (stores and online channels). In partnership with your team members and cross-functional business partners, you will use competitive benchmarking, financial analyses, and consumer research to build promotional strategies that impact both pre-season planning and in-season promotional management and ensure execution in the business. In addition you will be asked to help drive price architecture work to optimize our initial ticket pricing strategy.
The role is based in San Francisco at our corporate headquarters and reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Pricing.
What you'll do
- Drive Promotional Strategy initiatives across Gap, Inc. brands and product portfolios. Leading high-performing team to:
- Structure pricing strategy approach and implement best practices across Gap Inc. brands
- Research and analyze promotional effectiveness and competitive patterning
- Implement consumer surveys and analyze results
- Perform and synthesize quantitative analyses
- Test, execute and measure pricing actions
- Collaborate with business partners across the portfolio to develop business hypotheses, inform and execute specific recommendations impacting commercial planning, in-season promo strategies, and pricing architecture
- Synthesize findings, develop presentations, manage the cadence of regular reporting, and help communicate informed recommendations and action items to business partners and leadership teams
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners outside of Strategy at all levels, proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices across brands
- Serve as a mentor/leader to junior members of Corporate and Brand pricing team in support of work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, analytical framework development, and career development/growth
- Orchestrate program management for pricing initiatives across our channels and brands
Who you are
8+ years of professional work experience with experience in pricing strategy, retail and strategic management consulting, and/or consumer insights
Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
Experience working with quantitative data and analyzing results
Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses and recommendations from disparate sources of information
Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with business partners and senior executives
Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments independently
Solid presence and influencing skills to foster key cross-functional partnerships and strategic promotional plans
Strong ability to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
Able to effectively manage multiple projects under tight time pressures
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs