We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
A critical senior team member of the Athleta Brand Marketing team, the Director of Brand Marketing and Commercial Planning is responsible for driving Athleta’s omni channel brand marketing in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders and the Athleta leadership team. He/she incorporates hindsighting, competitive analysis, business need and brand vision to develop compelling storytelling, experiences and promotions that drive traffic, sales and profitability on an annual and seasonal basis. His/her team also helps guide the omni-channel seasonal brand marketing strategy, ensuring that the big brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints, in order to grow brand awareness, acquire new customers, drive traffic/conversion and deepen the emotional connection consumers experience with our brand. Additionally, his/her oversees marketing strategy for Athleta strategic growth initiatives to drive business results, growth, and brand relevancy, as well as, supports with the development and execution of the annual commercial plan.
The Director of Brand Marketing and Commercial Planning manages the Senior Manager of Brand Marketing and Commercial Planning.
SEASONAL BRAND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
What you'll do
- Lead the omni-channel seasonal marketing communications strategy, ensuring that the big brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints
- Play an integral role in identifying big brand and product ideas for every season and brief into omni-channel marketing and creative team
- Lead seasonal omni-channel hindsighting and marketing communications competitive analyses to inform Athleta’s seasonal marketing communications
- Oversee briefing in big seasonal brand, product and promotional ideas into omni-channel marketing and creative team and/or external agency partners
- Oversee briefing in and development of major seasonal product naming and packaging requests
- Oversee briefing in and development of seasonal brand/advertising campaigns/theme activations
- Guide omni-channel marketing and creative team in bringing the big seasonal ideas to life in a powerful, differentiating and emotionally engaging way across all brand touchpoints (and that delivers on the brief)
- Present seasonal marketing communications strategies and plans to Senior leadership team to garner buy in and obtain approvals
- Develop evergreen Athleta brand messaging and marketing strategy that inspires women and brings to market world class technical, beautiful, sustainable product.
- Support the Senior Director of Marketing and Commercial Planning on development of a best in class commercial planning capability at Athleta (including overseeing pipeline integration process, milestone meetings inputs/outputs, tools, cross-functional resource needs, etc.)
- Partner closely with leaders in merchandising, inventory management, design, store experience, company planning, marketing effectiveness, customer analytics/contact strategy, strategy and marketing/e-commerce to develop optimal and executable go to market plan that hits targeted sales/earnings goals
- Partner with merchandising and marketing team on long range planning goals
- Partner closely with Senior Director of Brand Marketing on bringing key annual and seasonal marketing and messaging strategies to life
- Partner with company planning and marketing effectiveness on sales projections, offer recommendations and effectiveness analysis
- Help lead seasonal cross-functional hindsighting and competitive analysis (in partnership with above-mentioned cross-functional teams)
- Garner alignment/approval of commercial plan by senior leadership including Athleta’s brand president
- Serve as central leader/communications hub on detailed plan for all cross-functional teams
STRATEGIC GROWTH BRAND INITIATIVES
- Support with Athleta’s brand marketing strategy for key strategic growth initiatives to drive business results, growth, and relevancy.
Who you are
- 10+ years brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
- Knowledge of the Sports/Fitness/Outdoor industry, athletic experience or interest a plus
- Excellent brand marketing strategy development and execution experience and skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
- Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of retail, catalog, and digital marketing
- Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages
- Desire to build a brand and aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches
- Strong promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present / garner buy in from senior leadership team
- Experience with creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient in Macintosh Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Teams
- BA required (MBA preferred)
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs