About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the roleRESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Develop and gain approval for Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies and meet financial targets.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Department key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer store experience.
- Approve the ranking of all styles within the Department based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
- Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
- Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Gain approval for the Department's seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Formulate Department pricing strategies.
- Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Communicate seasonal Department strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience & 1-3 years of management experience.
- Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct subordinates effectively towards the accomplishment of tasks and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and decision-making appropriately to other personnel.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs